Friday, February 15, 2013

A Masculine Quilt . . . Finally

I know I am slow.  I take FOREVER to finish things.  I can't say exactly why.  Maybe I just enjoy the process so  much.  Once a quilt is finished, then I don't get to continue to savor it.  I don't know if this is true.  I'm trying to figure out what my issue is.  Quilting ADD?  Anyway, here is a finish that has been a long time coming.

In fact, it has been so long, that I no longer can give you the source for this quilt.  I made it from a pattern in a magazine using all my different blue plaid scraps.  Which magazine it was, I cannot tell you.  If I find it at some point, I will add it on here.
This is for my oldest son's bed.  I made another top just like it to go on the bed of the brother he was sharing a room with at the time I started these (four years ago, maybe).  They were both twin-sized.  Well, now he shares a room with TWO brothers who are on the full-sized bottom bunk.  So I had to make the other flimsy a little bigger.  Now it needs a back and some quilting.
 My son loves it, though, so I guess it was worth the wait.  He's 16, and it's still a good size for him.  Whew!
Straight-line quilting in the middle of the quilt, with low, wide stippling around the border.  The straight-line quilting always looks nice and always takes forever.  As much as I don't want to, I'm going to have to do the next one the same way.  I'd better go make the back for it today and get cracking before they all grow up and move away.
I'm linking up with Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday.  Again.  I'm so proud of myself.  This is three times now!  This might turn into the year of the finish after all.  Dang.  Did I just jinx myself?

Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

Elaine M said...

Lovely quilt, looks very inviting.

Jill said...

Yay for another finish. The brown makes the quilt look very warm and cozy. Hope to see the other one soon! ;)

Anna said...

Lovely masculine quilt! What lucky boys you have. :)

crookedtailcrafts said...

Looks like yummy chocolate. Beautiful!

needlesandpins said...

Wonderful quilt it is a real eye-catcher. Today I got some nice shirts at the flea market :o))))
Perhaps you can tell me how long the strips are?
Brigitte/A