Thursday, April 5, 2012

I went to the woods . . .

I recently looked at my blog and realized that it has been since the end of October that I last blogged. I didn't give any explanation, but I'll tell you why now. We moved to the woods. My husband took a job in Connecticut last September, but the kids and I didn't join him until right before Christmas. So instead of blogging in November and December, I was packing. Nine people have a LOT of stuff - especially if one of them is a quilter, scrapbooker, knitter, and all-around crafter. THAT one had the most stuff. Sheesh.
Anyway, because we moved to the woods, it has taken just a bit of time to get the internet back up. I guess I could have blogged at least this explanation at the library, but it has taken us some time to settle in here too. So, now I'm back. Lest you think I have not been sewing, here are a couple of pictures of the two butterfly quilts I finished for my sister's little girls. I actually finished them in time for Christmas but am just blogging about them now.
Yes, they're two different quilts -- one with a pink back, one with a yellow back. I made the tops a LONG time ago for MY two girls, never finished them -- a familiar story, no? Luckily, my sister has two little girls, and luckily she liked the quilt tops. So nice to have older WIPs get finished and have nice homes.
Unfortunately, since I was busy trying to move, I didn't take very good pictures. This is it. These two. I now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging. And hopefully, I will be back to being part of the regular schedule! Here's hoping life doesn't get in the way of my blogging and quilting. ;)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Glad you are back! Can't wait to see what you have been working on.

the ark said...

So glad you are back! Can't wait to see what you get up to quilting-wise!
Tricia