Friday, August 2, 2013

Positively Coastal

A friend of mine from when I was in high school is having a baby boy -- his first child.  I wanted to make him something special -- something I would love too.  I am much better at girl quilts.  I have five boys, and our house is filled with girly quilts.  So I was a little worried about whether I had the necessary boyish fabrics to make the perfect quilt.  I have to say, I feel successful.  I LOVE this quilt.  

I used the backing fabrics as my guide and just pulled fabrics from my stash in those colors.  I could not be happier with the result.
I'm kind of wishing I had more of these fabrics so I could make a throw-sized one of these babies.  I hope my friend and his wife like it.  (Otherwise, I'll ask for it back . . .  just kidding, mostly.)

Pattern is here.

Linking with Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday.


Samantha @ Makinglifeprettier said...

Awesome job! love it! I just finished up this pattern for my 2 year old a couple weeks ago. She loves it!

bevkimmel said...

I don't think you will be taking this one back. I love how you coordinated the colors with the back. I will have to try the backwards approach sometime too!

Beth said...

Love the colors. Great choices.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

That is really really cool! Great work!


Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates

[-] Vimax Asli
[-] Vimax
[-] Vimax Canada
[-] Pembesar Penis
[-] Agen Vimax Asli