Thursday, June 9, 2011

Do you remember Elizabeth Hartman's Tokyo Subway Map Quilt-Along? I love the quilt, but I think I was daunted by all the little pieces to cut out. I started cutting with her when the QAL started, but then I took a break. I didn't feel like I had enough of any of the colors to make a varied quilt. Plus, I'm sure I was just working on other things. Anyway, the last few weeks I have been cutting like crazy to finish up the amounts I needed. I still need a few dark blue squares, but there weren't any in this first block. So there, the first block is done.
I increased the size of my squares from 2" cut to 2 1/2" cut. It will be 80" square when finished instead of 60". And I opted not to cut all my white squares individually. I am amazed at how quickly this went together, though. The cutting was daunting, but the piecing is not. I look forward to whipping out a few more of these very soon. Elizabeth's instructions and designs are always so well-thought-out and clear. I love working from her patterns.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Very nice and pretty. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Kathy said...

Wow you really are busy.... I love your quilting talents

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I want to make this quilt someday. Good going on one block down!!!looks great!